Get Started with Requirements Toolbox
Requirements Toolbox™ lets you author, link, and validate requirements within MATLAB® or Simulink®. You can create requirements using rich text with custom attributes or import them from requirements management tools.
You can link requirements to MATLAB code, System Composer™ or Simulink models, and tests. The toolbox analyzes the traceability to identify gaps in implementation or testing. The design highlighting and traceability matrix summarize where links exist across multiple artifacts and guide you to address any gaps. When requirements change, linked artifacts are highlighted, and you can determine the upstream and downstream artifacts affected using a traceability diagram. Generated code from Simulink designs includes code comments that document where requirements are implemented to assist with reviews.
You can formalize requirements and analyze them for consistency, completeness, and correctness using the Requirements Table. The Requirements Perspective enables you to view and manage requirements together with design. When used with Simulink, you can create links to blocks with a simple drag and drop.
- Work with Requirements in the Requirements Editor
Author requirements and link requirements to Simulink model elements.
- Link Blocks and Requirements
Associate requirements with elements in your model by using the Simulink canvas.
- Link to Test Cases from Requirements
Associate test cases with requirements.
- Migrating Requirements Management Interface Data to Requirements Toolbox
Update Requirements Management Interface (RMI) links to the format used by the Requirements Editor.
- Requirements Definition for a Cruise Control Model
This is a comprehensive example for Requirements-driven MBD with multiple related design artifacts managed in a project.
- Verify a MATLAB Algorithm by Using Requirements-Based Tests
Verify a MATLAB algorithm by using MATLAB unit tests.
About Requirements Management
- Introduction to Requirements Toolbox
Overview of what you can do with Requirements Toolbox.
- Access Frequently Used Features and Commands from the Requirements Editor
Quickly perform actions or run favorite commands from the quick access toolbar in the Requirements Editor.
About Requirements Management Interface Setup
- Configure Requirements Toolbox for Interaction with Microsoft Office and IBM DOORS
Configure Requirements Toolbox to communicate with third-party requirements management tools or documents.
- Configure Requirements Toolbox for IBM Rational DOORS Software
Copy additional MATLAB files into your DOORS® software installation.