Clear Filters
Clear Filters

Which Block for Frequency as input signal for a prismatic joint?

2 views (last 30 days)
Hi there,
i am simulating an imported CAD car model in simscape multibody and would like to analyze its tyre-road contact.
For that i am looking for a block which enables me to enter a frequency value as an input for a prisamtic joint. The frequency is suposed to move e.g 1400Hz/s as a ramp. Tried to use the Ramp Block, but i couldnt the unit (Hz/s) couldnt be recognized.
Any other suggestion would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Answers (2)

J Chen
J Chen on 3 Sep 2021
You can apply force or impose motion for a Prismatic Joint. Use SImulink blocks to generate the signal you want and feed the signal to a Prismatic Joint through a Simulink-PS Converter.

Rishabh Singh
Rishabh Singh on 8 Sep 2021
Hey Nabila,
As per my understanding you wish to provide a ramped frequency input to a “Prismatic Joint”, or any block of your requirement.
You can use “Signal Generator” or “Pulse Generator” in Simulink to produce frequency as per your requirement, and use “Product” block along with “Ramp” block to produce a ramped frequency signal for your block. Additionally use “Simulink-PS Converter” to convert Simulink signal into a physical signal.
Hope this helps.


Find more on Applications in Help Center and File Exchange




Community Treasure Hunt

Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!

Start Hunting!