File Exchange

image thumbnail

Matlab 2048

version 1.2.0.0 (3.16 KB) by Joren Heit
Matlab implementation of the addictive game 2048

2 Downloads

Updated 25 Mar 2014

View License

This game, recently invented (March 2014) by Gabriele Cirulli, is gaining popularity due to both its simplicity and complexity!
The only goal is to create a tile containing the number 2048. You do this by sliding the numbered tiles around (using the arrow-keys). When two identical numbers meet, they merge by adding up. This allows you to generate powers of 2, but it will get exponentially harder as you get further along!
For more information on the game, I refer to the Wikipedia entry at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2048_%28video_game%29.
This implementation, I must admit, is poorly documented, because it was just an afternoon project. I think however that the code is pretty much self-documenting. If not, you are free to ask anything!

Have fun and post your high-scores for some nice competition! :-D

To play:
- download and extract the submission
- run >> start2048

Enjoy!

Comments and Ratings (4)

AMAZING!but what means the graph?

how to put everything in matlab ?
when I tried there is error.
sorry I'm beginner.

Cool ! :) I've discovered the game this week, and here it is, a MATLAB version!

Updates

1.2.0.0

* Updated the description (sorry I forgot!), no need to download the linspecer package anymore.

1.1.0.0

* Removed 'linspecer' dependency by hardcoding the colormap. Still, kudo's to the author!
* 4's will now spawn with 10% probability (2's with the remaining 90%)

MATLAB Release Compatibility
Created with R2012a
Compatible with any release
Platform Compatibility
Windows macOS Linux
Tags Add Tags