The Communications Toolbox™ Library for ZigBee® and UWB provides end-to-end simulation of narrowband and ultra wideband (UWB) low-rate wireless personal area networks for the entire communications stack (PHY, MAC, NET, APP). This library applies for sensor networks, home automation, industrial automation, health monitoring and the Internet of Things (IoT). The library includes ZigBee and UWB simulation examples.
UWB (since R2021b)
- PHY layer simulation of waveform generation and decoding for IEEE® 802.15.4a/z (UWB) HRP mode
- MAC layer simulation of UWB ranging and localization using IEEE 802.15.4z
PHY layer simulation of:
- Waveform generation and decoding for the original IEEE 802.15.4 specification (OQPSK), and IEEE 802.15.4b/c/d
- Practical signal recovery for IEEE 802.15.4 OQPSK signals at 2.4 GHz
MAC layer simulation of:
- Frame generation and decoding for the IEEE 802.15.4 MAC
- Asynchronous CSMA IEEE 802.15.4 MAC
- NET layer simulation of frame generation and decoding
- APP layer simulation of frame generation and decoding for application profiles (Home Automation, Light Link, Smart Energy)
Opening the mlpkginstall file from your operating system or from within MATLAB will initiate the installation process for this Add-On and acquire the latest version for the release you have.
This mlpkginstall file is functional for R2017a and beyond.
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Created with R2017a
Compatible with R2017a to R2022a
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Signal Processing >
- Wireless Communications > Communications Toolbox >
- Test & Measurement > Internet of Things (IoT) >
- Test & Measurement > WSNs >
- Wireless Communications > Communications Toolbox > System-Level Simulation >
- Wireless Communications > Communications Toolbox > Standards-Compliant Systems > ZigBee >
- MATLAB > Additional MATLAB Products and Services > MATLAB Mobile for Android >
- MATLAB > Additional MATLAB Products and Services > MATLAB Mobile for iOS >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!