Note: It is recommended to uninstall and delete all files/folder of the older versions of NXP Model-Based Design S32K1xx Toolbox before installing the new versions.
The steps to install NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Automotive Microprocessors family:
1. Go to Add-On Manager in MATLAB and select the NXP Support Package S32K1xx toolbox to install the Installer Guide.
2. Select Open Folder option to navigate to the installation path.
3. Run NXP_Support_Package_S32K1xx script and follow the next quick steps as guided by the installer:
3.1 Create an account with NXP (toolbox is for free but account is requested to download the tool, generate the free license and access training & support on NXP Model Based Design Toolbox Community).
3.2. Download NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx MLTBX file
3.3. Install the toolbox
3.4. Verify the correct installation
3.5. Generate a free of charge license
3.6. Activate the toolbox
3.7 Verify the license activation
The NXP's Model-Based Design Toolbox is a quick solution for testing and rapid prototyping applications on top of NXP MCUs.
It provides an integrated development environment and tool chain support for configuring and generating applications (including initialization routines and device drivers) to execute complex applications (e.g.: motor control algorithms, communication protocols CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, FlexIO and sensor based applications).
This toolbox includes integrated Simulink embedded target for NXP S32K1xx MCUs, peripheral device blocks and drivers, the Math and Motor Control Library, GCC compiler and additional tools for debugging and real time data visualization . It provides built-in support for Software and Processor-in-the-Loop (SIL and PIL) simulations to enable fast prototyping, verification and validation on the real target for the algorithms developed in MATLAB environment.
Visit https://community.nxp.com/community/mbdt - for examples and support.
S32K1xx Model-Based Design Toolbox Main Features:
- Generate code for standalone application with direct download to target support
- AUTOSAR Application Layer PIL simulation for S32K1xx
- Optimized motor control library blocks including Park/Clarke transforms, digital filters, and general functions
- Core&System blocks for CAN, SPI, I2C, FlexIO, UART, PIT, LPTMR, FTM, PWM, CSEC, WDOG, PMC, PDB, ADC, CMP, DMA, RTC
- System Basis Chips, Battery Management System (MC3377xB/C, RDDRONE-BMS772), Motor and Solenoid Drivers support for NXP analogue devices
- On-target profiling of functions and tasks
- Data acquisition and calibration using FreeMASTER tool
- External Mode support
- Boot loader utility for programming application in FLASH or SRAM via UART or CAN
- Seamless integration with embedded coder including SIL and PIL test
- Ready to run examples for all supported peripherals and Simulink Blocks