Version 1.0.1 (2.66 KB) by Marco Cococcioni
MATLAB Code for Parameters of Floating-Point Arithmetics
Updated Thu, 10 Jun 2021 08:26:58 +0000
`float_params2` is a MATLAB function for obtaining the parameters of several
floating-point arithmetics. The parameters are built into the code and are
not computed at run time.
The parameters are
- the unit roundoff,
- the smallest positive (subnormal) floating-point number,
- the smallest positive normalized floating-point number,
- the largest floating-point number,
- the number of binary digits in the significand (including the
implicit leading bit)
and the arithmetics supported are
- IEEE half precision (fp16),
- IEEE single precision (fp32),
- IEEE double precision (fp64),
- IEEE quadruple precision (fp128).
The code was developed in MATLAB R2020a and works with versions at least
back to R2016b.
This is a small extension to float_params of Nick Higham, to which I added the
support to the 8-bit Brain Float, as proposed at Intel by Naveen K. Mellempudi.
More details can be found here: https://arxiv.org/abs/1905.12334
I also renamed NVIDIA tf32 into tf19, just to reflect that it is a 19-bit precision float.
Marco Cococcioni (2023). float_params2 (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/93835-float_params2), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Created with R2021a
Compatible with any release
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired by: float_params
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.