Senior Application Engineer - Aerospace
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to grow your career, learn new technologies, and help MathWorks customers develop new products? This is a role for an inquisitive engineer with experience in the Aerospace or Defense industry. As a Technical Account Manager (TAM) at MathWorks you will play a key role in managing the technical relationship with key Aerospace customers.
In this role, you will engage with our key customers in their design and development processes and help provide them with solutions. You will work with a world-class team of application engineers and software developers to provide technical leadership with our customers.
You will leverage your industry and technical expertise in aerospace systems, control system design, modeling and simulation, or embedded software development to understand customer workflows, challenges, and key business initiatives.
With that knowledge, you will paint a vision of how MathWorks products can accelerate the pace of their development and innovation. You will also establish yourself as a trusted advisor to strategic MathWorks customers and provide technical leadership by providing guidance on best practices, direction on workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks support teams.
This position is based in our office in Torrance, California.
Travel will be 30-40% within North America
Even if you do not check every box in our qualifications but have worked in Aerospace and Defense with our products and think you have what it takes, please apply. We would love to have a chat to see if you could be a great fit.
- Engage with customers to understand their projects, programs, and workflows
- Advocate internally on behalf of the customer to ensure their needs are understood
- Support the development of the account engagement plan in collaboration with the broader selling team
- Build and maintain long term relationships with key technical individuals at the account
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all business-critical customer projects
- Create and deliver presentations and product demonstrations that highlight how MathWorks tools address customer needs
- Scope technical projects and coordinate with other technical specialists to address customer needs in specialized application areas
- Identify new application areas and work with development and marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations for future product direction
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Aerospace development processes
- Formal verification and validation
- Model-Based Design methodology
- Software development lifecycle
- Agile and engineering development processes
- Strong business acumen/MBA
- Experience with control system design
- Technical sales experience
- Product development experience
- Passion for listening to customers
Salary range of $123,100 to $190,800 (inclusive of target commission for staff in eligible roles). In addition, MathWorks offers benefits and a quarterly bonus program. Individual compensation is determined by a candidate’s skills, experience, and qualifications.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.