Digital Input and Output
Acquire and generate digital data with data acquisition hardware
Reading and Writing Data
|Read data acquired by hardware (Since R2020a)
|Write output scans to hardware channels (Since R2020a)
|Simultaneously read and write device channel data (Since R2020a)
|Start DataAcquisition background operation (Since R2020a)
|Stop background operation (Since R2020a)
|Queue scan data for device output (Since R2020a)
|Flush DataAcquisition input and output buffers (Since R2020a)
- Digital Channels
Transfer digital or logical values in bits via digital lines.
- Acquire Non-Clocked Digital Data
Acquire a single scan of digital data from two channels of an NI device.
- Generate Non-Clocked Digital Data
This example shows how to write data to two lines on an NI 6255.
- Acquire Digital Data Using a Shared Clock
Share the clock of the analog subsystem on your device for the digital acquisition.
- Acquire Digital Data Using an External Clock
Acquire digital data in the foreground using an external scan clock.
- Acquire Digital Data Using a Counter Output Channel as External Clock
Acquire digital data using a counter output channel to generate clock pulses.
- Acquire Digital Data in Hexadecimal Values
This example shows how to acquire digital data using four channels on an NI 6255.
- Generate Digital Output Using Decimal Data Across Multiple Lines
This example shows how to convert decimal data and output to two lines on an NI 6255.
- Generate and Acquire Data on Bidirectional Channels
This example shows how to use a bidirectional channel and read and write data using the same two lines on an NI 6255.
- Generate Signals on Both Analog and Digital Channels
This example shows how to generate signals when the DataAcquisition contains both analog and digital channels.