|Update figures and process callbacks|
|Graphics renderer information|
|(To be removed) Control OpenGL rendering|
- Improve Graphics Performance
Improve the time it takes to update charts and display animations.
- What Affects Code Execution Speed
You can improve the execution speed of graphics code by minimizing the effect of two factors that contribute to total execution time.
- Judicious Object Creation
Graphics objects are complex structures that store information, listen for certain events to occur, and can cause changes to other objects to accommodate their existence.
- Avoid Repeated Searches for Objects
When you search for handles, MATLAB® must search the object hierarchy to find matching handles, which is time-consuming.
- Screen Updates
MATLAB graphics is implemented using multiple threads of execution.
- Optimize Code for Getting and Setting Graphics Properties
Certain properties have dependencies on the value of other properties.
- Avoid Updating Static Data
If only a small portion of the data defining a graphics scene changes with each update of the screen, you can improve performance by updating only the data that changes.
- Use Low-Level Functions for Speed
To maximize graphing performance, use low-level functions and disable certain automatic features.
- Transforming Objects Efficiently
Improve performance by taking advantage of the fact that graphics hardware can apply transforms to the data.
- System Requirements for Graphics
All systems support most of the common MATLAB graphics features.
- Resolving Low-Level Graphics Issues
MATLAB can encounter low-level issues when creating graphics on your system.