- Creating and modifying Simulink models and simulating system dynamics
- Modeling continuous-time, discrete-time, and hybrid systems
- Modifying solver settings for simulation accuracy and speed
- Building hierarchy into a Simulink model
- Creating reusable model components using subsystems, libraries, and model references
Day 1 of 2
Creating and Simulating a Model
Objective: Create a simple Simulink model, simulate it, and analyze the results.
- Introduction to the Simulink interface
- Potentiometer system
- System inputs and outputs
- Simulation and analysis
- Solver behavior
- Algebraic loops
Modeling Programming Constructs
Objective: Model and simulate basic programming constructs in Simulink.
- Comparisons and decision statements
- Actuator logic system
- Zero crossings
- MATLAB Function block
Modeling Discrete Systems
Objective: Model and simulate discrete systems in Simulink.
- Discrete signals and states
- PI controller system
- Discrete transfer functions and state-space systems
- Multirate discrete systems
Modeling Continuous Systems
Objective: Model and simulate continuous systems in Simulink.
- Continuous states
- Throttle system
- Physical boundaries
- Continuous transfer functions and state-space systems
- Simulation speed and accuracy
Day 2 of 2
Developing Model Hierarchy
Objective: Use subsystems to combine smaller systems into larger systems.
- Ports and subsystems
- Vector and bus signals
Modeling Conditionally Executed Algorithms
Objective: Create subsystems that are executed based on a control signal input.
- Conditionally executed subsystems
- Enabled subsystems
- Triggered subsystems
- Input validation model
Referencing Model Components
Objective: Use referencing to combine subsystems and models.
- Referencing workflows
- Subsystem referencing
- Model referencing
- Root-level inputs and outputs
- Model workspace
- Model reference simulation modes
- Model dependencies
Objective: Use libraries to create and distribute custom blocks.
- Creating and populating libraries
- Managing library links
- Adding a library to the Simulink Library Browser