I understand that you are having an issue with adding only code subfolder but no other folders and update users when there is a new version available on FEX.
Please follow the below steps that can help you the create path for only code subfolder:
- Create a file named “startup.m” in the MATLAB “startup” folder. You can find the folder by typing “userpath” in the MATLAB command window. This will give you the path to your MATLAB user folder, where you can find the “startup” folder.
- In this file, “addpath” and “rmpath” commands can be used to modify the MATLAB path. To add “code” subfolder to the MATLAB path, use this command.
3. To remove the other folders from the MATLAB path, you can use the “rmpath” command. To remove all folders named “test” from the MATLAB path, use this command.
4. Save the “startup.m” file and restart the MATLAB. The modified path will be used automatically when MATLAB starts.
Refer this links for more information:
To Update the users when there is a new version available on FEX, you can use the MATLAB Central File Exchange Alerts Service, which allow users to sign up for email notifications.
Here are few steps which you can follow to get updates:
- Go to the FEX page for your add-on.
- Click on the “Alerts” button on the right-hand side of the page.
- Click the “Create Alert” button and select the types of alerts you want to receive (such as new releases or updates to reviews).