Problem Add-Ons Matlab 2016b
2 views (last 30 days)
Show older comments
Slim ABDELHEDI on 8 Nov 2016
Answered: Jay Vaidya on 4 Sep 2020
The Add-On Explorer is currently unavailable. We've been notified of the issue and are looking into it.
EkoSusatio on 6 Jan 2017
Edited: Walter Roberson on 7 Jan 2017
This is my experience and its working for me with R2106B and Win10. I will give you an example with case of installing OS Generic Video Interface to enable Matlab 2016B accessing webcam.
1. Download Support Package via browser here (or maybe another link) https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/directshow.html. Click on Get Support Package. Save the "osgenericvideointerface.mlpkginstall" in any folder you prefer.
2. Start Matlab R2016B and select the prefered folder where "osgenericvideointerface.mlpkginstall" saved.
3. In the Current Folder of Matlab interface, rightclick on "osgenericvideointerface.mlpkginstall", choose download and install.
4. Follow the installation procsess.
5. Check with "imaqhwinfo", in the InstalledAdapter there should be "winvideo" there.
I think for other case, it will also work. I tried with package for OS Generic and Kinect. If you need another package, just search the "*.mlpkginstall" file and follow the step above. Good Luck
Jay Vaidya on 4 Sep 2020
Please try to run the following in the MATLAB Command Window:
>> opengl software
And then try opening the Add on explorer again. It worked for me.
If that works, you can save the preference so that MATLAB always opens with Software OpenGL by running:
Find more on Startup and Shutdown in Help Center and File Exchange
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!