I am currently beginning to work on a project to obtain the angle of collagen fiber orientation in tissue. This projects uses a technique called Small angle light scattering to give an image to be analyzed. From this image previous researchers such as Sacks Group in the USA. have used a technique where the following steps are completed:
- An image of the light scatter is obtained (Elliptical shape of white values on a black base)
- The major and minor axis are then placed on this area
- Then a circle is drawn around the center with the diameter of the major axis
- This circle is then traveled through with 1 degree increments with a line.
- At each of these increments an intensity value is found and recorded.
- These intensity values are stored and combined to give a final histogram of intensity values at each point
- This histogram allows for the angle be determined where the highest intensity is the dominant angle.
I was wondering is there anybody that may be able to help me determine how to obtain these intensities using mat lab. I would be very grateful for help on any of the above steps. Apologies for the poor description.
Thanks in Advance,