Quadcopter Drone Model in Simscape
version 188.8.131.52 (6.47 MB) by Steve Miller
Quadcopter with multibody, electrical and thermal models follows a path to deliver a package.
Updated Tue, 17 May 2022 16:15:54 +0000
This example models a quadcopter that navigates a path to deliver a package.
- Electric motors and battery enable estimation of current draw and drone range
- CAD files of the chassis and propellers model the mechanical system
- Cascaded PID controllers adjust motor speeds to control altitude and attitude
- Path following and speed controllers provide high-level commands
- Python queries to a weather database obtain location-specific wind conditions
- Wind gust profiles test stability of drone controllers
- Profitability analysis in a MATLAB App enables exploring technical and business tradeoffs
Use the links below to get files compatible with earlier releases of MATLAB.
- For R2022a: Use the "Download" button above
- For R2021b: https://github.com/mathworks/Quadcopter-Drone-Model-Simscape/archive/184.108.40.206.zip
- For R2021a: https://github.com/mathworks/Quadcopter-Drone-Model-Simscape/archive/220.127.116.11.zip
Open the project file Quadcopter_Drone.prj to get started.