Educators use MATLAB and Simulink in many signal processing and communication courses.
With domain-specific toolboxes and apps, MATLAB makes it easy for students to learn and perform domain-specific tasks involving signal processing, image processing, and communications. Educators can use MATLAB live scripts to create lectures that combine explanatory text, mathematical equations, code, and results.
Below is a sampling of course curricula, textbooks, educational videos, online labs, and additional tools for teaching signal and system courses with MATLAB and Simulink.
- MATLAB Tech Talks are short educational videos that explore fundamental engineering concepts. These videos can help supplement instructors’ curriculum materials.
- Wavelet Transforms
- Introduction to Signal Processing Apps in MATLAB
- Deep Learning and Machine Learning for Signal Processing Applications
Virtual, Remote, and Low-Cost Hardware-Based Labs
Auto Grading with MATLAB
Use MATLAB Grader to create interactive course assignments, automatically grade student work, and provide feedback:
- Digital Signal Processing Collection (This MATLAB Grader collection includes problems for concepts taught in undergraduate digital signal processing courses.)
- Automating Grading of Assignments in a MATLAB Programming Course (Duarte G.T. Antunes, Eindhoven University of Technology)