The MathWorks® products for event-driven systems have applications for the automotive, aerospace, or robotics and automation industries. Your event-based applications can focus on communications, supervisory logic and scheduling, and operations research.
Stateflow® provides a graphical language that includes state transition diagrams, flow charts, state transition tables, and truth tables. You can use Stateflow to describe how MATLAB® algorithms and Simulink® models react to events and time-based conditions. With Stateflow you can design and develop supervisory control, task scheduling, fault management, communication protocols, user interfaces, and hybrid systems.
SimEvents® provides a discrete-event simulation engine and component library for analyzing event-driven system models and optimizing performance characteristics such as latency, throughput, and packet loss. With SimEvents, you can study the effects of task timing and resource usage on the performance of your system and conduct operational research for decisions related to forecasting, capacity planning, and supply-chain management.
Products for Event-Based Modeling
- Automate Control of Intelligent Vehicles by Using Stateflow Charts (Stateflow)
Model a highway scenario with intelligent vehicles that are controlled by the same decision logic.
- Traffic Light Negotiation (Automated Driving Toolbox)
Design and test decision logic for negotiating a traffic light at an intersection.
- Model a Fault-Tolerant Fuel Control System (Simulink)
This example shows how to combine Stateflow® with Simulink® to efficiently model hybrid systems.
- Hybrid Clutch System (Stateflow)
Model a clutch by using Simulink based states inside a Stateflow chart.
- Effects of Communication Delays on an ABS Control System (SimEvents)
How stochastic network traffic causes timing latency and uncertainty in an anti-lock braking system that uses CAN communications.
- Launch Abort System (Stateflow)
Model a launch abort system for an orbiter.
- Detect Faults in Aircraft Elevator Control System (Stateflow)
Design a fault detection, isolation, and recovery (FDIR) application for a pair of aircraft elevators controlled by redundant actuators.
- UAV Package Delivery (UAV Toolbox)
Implement a small multicopter simulation to takeoff, fly, and land in a city environment.
Robotics and Automation
- Robot Trajectory Planning with Reusable Components (Stateflow)
Use entry and exit ports to create connections across boundaries in the Stateflow hierarchy.
- Pick-and-Place Workflow Using Stateflow for MATLAB (Robotics System Toolbox)
Design a pick-and-place-workflow for a robotic manipulator like the KINOVA® Gen3.
- Model an Ethernet Communication Network with CSMA/CD Protocol (Simulink)
Model an Ethernet communication network with CSMA/CD protocol using Simulink messages and SimEvents.
- Analog Triggered Data Acquisition Using Stateflow Charts (Stateflow)
Create an analog-triggered data acquisition app by using Stateflow, Data Acquisition Toolbox™, and App Designer.
- Model Bluetooth Low Energy Link Layer Using Stateflow (Stateflow)
Use a standalone Stateflow chart to model the state machine in a Bluetooth® low energy link layer.
Supervisory Logic and Scheduling
- Model Distributed Traffic Control System by Using Messages (Stateflow)
Model a distributed control system for an intersection of one-way roads.
- Simulate Scheduler of a Multicore Control System (SimEvents)
Model the task scheduling of a control application using SimEvents blocks.
- Design and Evaluate Successive Approximation ADC Using Stateflow (Mixed-Signal Blockset)
Design and evaluate a 12-bit successive approximation register ADC.
- Optimization of Shared Resources in a Batch Production Process (SimEvents)
Identify resource deficiencies and improve capacity planning in a system that shares resources.
- Simulation of a Medical Device (SimEvents)
Conduct automated tests to model a medical device that analyzes biology samples.
- Aircraft Boarding Process Flow (SimEvents)
Model a process for boarding of an aircraft using SimEvents.