You choose global, or model-wide, solvers through Simulink®, by using the model configuration parameters. You can also use a local Simscape™ solver for parts of the system, and adjust other options in the Solver Configuration block. For recommended choices, see Making Optimal Solver Choices for Physical Simulation.
|Simscape Variable Scaling Analyzer||Resolve variable scaling issues and improve simulation speed of Simscape models (Since R2021b)|
- Setting Up Solvers for Physical Models
Explains how to harmonize global, or model-wide, Simulink solvers with local Simscape solvers for physical simulation.
- Important Concepts and Choices in Physical Simulation
Provides background information on advanced concepts and trade-offs to consider when you select solvers and configure other simulation settings.
- Making Optimal Solver Choices for Physical Simulation
Detailed how-to information on solver selection for physical simulation.
- Best Practices for Simulating with the daessc Solver
Detailed how-to information and best practices on using
daesscsolver for physical simulation.
- Understanding How the Partitioning Solver Works
Detailed explanation of how the Partitioning solver formulates the equations and why it is much faster than the other solvers.
- Filtering Input Signals and Providing Time Derivatives
Ways to provide time derivatives of the input signals, required by the selected solver, and benefits of input filtering.
- System Scaling by Nominal Values
Improve simulation robustness by providing scale of variables to solver.
- Use Scaling by Nominal Values to Improve Performance
Example of applying scaling by nominal values to improve simulation robustness.
- Select Nominal Values Using the Variable Scaling Analyzer
Improve Simscape model convergence by analyzing for problematic variable scaling.
- Frequency and Time Simulation Mode
Increase simulation speed for systems with a single base frequency.
- Simscape Stiffness Impact Analysis
Analyze the effect of particular block variables on overall system stiffness of a Simscape network.