Optimize model response to satisfy design requirements, test model robustness
The Response Optimizer app automatically optimizes system parameters to improve design characteristics such as response time, bandwidth, and energy consumption. The system parameters can be tuned to meet time-domain and frequency-domain requirements such as overshoot and phase margin, and custom requirements.
Using this app, you can:
Specify design requirements.
Incorporate parameter uncertainty to validate the robustness of your design.
Find the most influential parameters to optimize (with the Sensitivity Analyzer).
Optimize model parameters, and monitor optimization progress.
You can generate MATLAB® code from the app, and you can accelerate response optimization using parallel computing and Simulink® fast restart.
Open the Response Optimizer App
Simulink Toolstrip: On the Apps tab, under Control Systems, click the Response Optimizer.
MATLAB command prompt: Enter
- How the Optimization Algorithm Formulates Minimization Problems
- Design Optimization to Meet Step Response Requirements (GUI)
- Design Optimization to Meet Time-Domain and Frequency-Domain Requirements (GUI)
- Design Optimization to Track Reference Signal (GUI)
- Design Optimization Using Frequency-Domain Check Blocks (GUI)
- Design Optimization to Meet a Custom Objective (GUI)
- Specify Custom Signal Objective with Uncertain Variable (GUI)
the Response Optimizer app and creates
a new session. The model must be open or on the MATLAB path.
sdotool( opens a
previously saved Response Optimizer