The development of high-integrity systems within the automotive industry is characterized by demonstrating compliance with ISO® 26262, an international standard for road vehicle functional safety. ISO 26262 classifies functions in automotive safety integrity levels (ASIL) from A to D – that is, from least to most stringent. OEMs and Tier-1 suppliers are adapting their ECU development processes to use Model-Based Design with ISO 26262.
Embedded Coder, Simulink model verification tools, and Polyspace code verification tools are certified by TÜV SÜD as qualified tools according to ISO 26262 for ASIL A-D. The qualifications are based on an application-specific verification workflow. The workflow documentation, TÜV SÜD certificates and reports, test suites and additional certification artifacts are provided in the IEC Certification Kit (for ISO 26262 and IEC 61508).
Key products for developing ISO 26262 applications:
More about MathWorks support for ISO 26262:
- User Story: KOSTAL Receives ISO 26262 ASIL D Certification with Model-Based Design
- Webinar: TI Hercules MCU Optimized Code from Simulink for IEC 61508 and ISO 26262
- Advisory Service: ISO 26262 Process Deployment
- Press Release: Simulink Verification Tools Qualified to ISO 26262
- SAE Paper: Model-Based Design for Safety-Related Applications
- SAE Paper: A Verification and Validation Workflow for IEC 61508 Applications
- MBEES Paper: Qualifying Software Tools According to ISO 26262
- ERTS Paper: Verification and Validation According to ISO 26262
- Guide: 10 Best Practices for Deploying AUTOSAR Using Simulink
“Without Model-Based Design, we would have needed at least 30% more time to develop and certify the ESCL application software. We saved time and effort by generating efficient code that satisfied all our speed and memory requirements.”Cheng Hui, platform and process manager, KOSTAL
"We leveraged MathWorks consultants to apply Model-Based Design for ISO 26262 on our new Integrated Restraints and Braking Controller (IRBC) developed with Simulink, Stateflow, Simulink Design Verifier, and Embedded Coder for production code generation and verification."Rich Rakes, Lead Engineer, Autoliv